Home Objectives Consortium Contact Us
Contact Us
Reserved Area
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under
Grant Agreement N° 687303



TASI: Thales Alenia Space Italia is the Italian branch of Thales Alenia Space, a multinational company  with more than 40 years of experience in the design, integration, testing, operation and commissioning of innovative space systems. Featuring cutting-edge technologies, these systems meet the needs of commercial, government, scientific, defence and security customers from around the world.

In  META-REFLECTOR,  TASI will be in charge of the administrative coordination and will lead the analysis of requirements, the definition  of a plan to test the lab demonstrators, and the validation of the technology in terms of performance and technical / economical scalability and sustainability. Furthermore, TASI will be directly engaged in the tests, and will contribute with tests related to AIT operations. These activities are well aligned with the expertise that TASI has matured over the years in the application and testing of rigid and flexible OSRs.

WEBSITE: www.thalesgroup.com/en/worldwide/space/space






CREO: Centro Ricerche Elettro-Ottiche is a not-for-profit Consortium of Enterprises and Universities,  established in L’Aquila in 1990. The Consortium is currently controlled by Finmeccanica S.p.A., that owns 99% of the shares. Selex ES and the University of L’Aquila are the other two Consortium members: the former owns the remaining 1% of the shares,  the latter contributes with technical support and free access to its material characterization labs. 

CREO’s facilities cover an area of about 600 m2, and include labs for electronic, electro-optical and optical testing and characterizations, plus a clean room equipped for the vacuum deposition, photolithographic patterning, etching, and material characterization of thin films and microdevices.

In META-REFLECTOR, further to the project scientific and technical coordination, CREO will be the partner in charge of the optimization, manufacturing and testing of the high performance meta-OSRs and smart meta-OSRs made by PVD deposition and EBL patterning. This activity will take advantage of the sound expertise that CREO has maturated in the field of thermo-optical coatings with constant-  and temperature variable-emissivity for space applications, which represent today (together with IR sensing) one of the two main lines of research of the Centre.  

WEBSITE: www.consorziocreo.it





UniSOTON: is a leading research center in the area of plasmonics and metamaterials, with expertise ranging from modelling, design, nanofabrication and optical characterization. Since 2010, the institute hosts a £110M clean room with state of the art fabrication facilities for prototyping to wafer-scale production of nanoelectronic and photonic devices. 

The main tasks of UniSOTON in META-REFLECTOR are the conceptual design and modelling of metamaterial OSR/thermal coatings; the fabrication of initial small area breadboatrds, their optical characterization, and evaluation of tolerances; selection of most promising architectures for upscaling. These activities are perfectly aligned with the capabilities of the entity in conceptual design, prototyping, and its positioning at the lower TRL levels of the project. Already preliminary results have been presented which demonstrate the technological capabilities of this partner and the commitment to the aims of this project.

WEBSITE: http://www.southampton.ac.uk


O.Muskens@soton.ac.uk  (Otto Muskens)

chdg@ecs.soton.ac.uk (CH Kees De Groot)


NILT: The privately owned company NIL Technology ApS (NILT) was established in February 2006. NILT is focusing on delivering state-of-the-art masters for micro- and nanostructure replication. The technologies applied are silicon processing technologies, with unique capabilities within electron beam lithography, DUV lithography and nanoimprint lithography (NIL). Focus is on providing stamps for nanoimprint lithography, masters for casting of polymers, shims for hot embossing, Roll-2-Roll printing and injection moulding. 

In META-REFLECTOR, NILT will be the partner in charge of the fabrication by Nano Imprint Lithography  of meta-OSR patterns on plastic foils and areas up to 6 inch in diameter. This role perfectly matches the core expertise of NILT in Nano Imprint Lithography.

WEBSITE: http://www.nilt.com 


bb@nilt.com  (Brian Bilenberg)

alicia@nilt.com  (Alicia Johansson)



Site Map